Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:06:40 +0200
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT's termcap broken

Dear all,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 02:48:21PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
# Hi Jens,
#
# I just updated to the latest -current and my TERM=xterm-color applications
# (mutt and centericq) are broken.
#
# Mutt shows this when I start vi as my editor or run fetchmail:
#
# "TERMCAP", line 0, terminal 'xterm-color': enter_alt_charset_mode but no acs_chars
#
# My centericq window ends up using pipe signs (|), minus signs (-) and
# plus signs (+) to draw boxes.
#
# This breakage is visible with the following revisions of the termcap src
# files:
#
# 	rev 1.129	of	src/share/misc/termcap.src
# 	rev 1.5		of	src/share/misc/reorder
#
# Reverting to these revisions of the termcap src files makes things
# behave as they did before your changes:
#
# 	rev 1.124	of	src/share/misc/termcap.src
# 	rev 1.4		of	src/share/misc/reorder
#
# Any ideas?

Please use plain TERM=xterm which now has color support. If any problems
remain, please let me know.

Regards,

	Jens
--