Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:28:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: slashdot and netscape

When I was using 4.5, it would not crash if I viewed a slashdot page/story/
whatever, but if I clicked on a link to go to a different page, then tried to
consistently crash with a signal 10.  Fortunately I don't read slashdot very
much =)
I haven't tried it under 4.7 yet.

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Brett Taylor wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I didn't figure this was worthy of a real email to -questions, but....
|
| There'd been talk recently of Netscape and Slashdot not liking each other.
| I'd seen this some, but usually when I was trying to submit a story.  Now
| with navigator-4.7 I see it crashing ALL the time.  Virtually everytime I
| try to read a story or see comments it crashes.  Heck it crashes just
| trying to load the front page about 1/10 times.
|
| Anyone else seeing this or know why this is happening all the time now?
|
| Brett
| Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
| Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
| Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
| Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
| Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *

cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?