Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:08:03 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        glarkin@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        corky1951@comcast.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: avoiding build dependency on docbook, etc. in new port

Greg Larkin escribió:
> This is a much lighter-weight tool for converting docbook to manual
> pages, among other functions.  I eventually added it to the ports tree
> and updated the logcheck port to use it.
Another idea: generating man pages directly with XSLT stylesheets.
Actually, these docbook2man and docbook2X do the same I think but they
hide the details. To use the XSL stylesheets you need docbook-xsl and
libxslt and calling xsltproc with the proper parameters. It's pretty easy.

Cheers,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer