Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:05:13 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WARNING:

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

> pthreads under the 2.2 system is temporarily broken
> I thought I had it all and committed and then found a problem.
> (symbols being multiply defined in the library
>
> e.g.
> _exit.o:
> 00000000 T __exit   <------------------
>
> uthread_exit.o:
>          U __thread_cleanupspecific
>          U __thread_sys_write
>          U __thread_sys_close
>          U __thread_sys_fcntl
>          U __thread_dead
>          U _pthread_cleanup_pop
>          U __thread_kern_sched_state
>          U __thread_fd_table
>          U __thread_queue_deq
>          U _strcat
>          U __thread_link_list
>          U __thread_kern_sig_block
>          U __thread_sys__exit
>          U __thread_dtablesize
>          U __thread_run
>          U __thread_kern_pipe
>          U _setitimer
> 00000000 T __exit   <-----------------
> 000000cc T __thread_exit
> 000001c0 T _pthread_exit
>
> I need to run now but will fix it after sleep.
>
> luckily the threads lib is not really usable under 2.2
> an dnot built by default so I doubt anyone is going to get bitten
> by this., but fixing it is my number 1 priority.

I am using it. To a little extent, but still.

Well, if you are already in the libc_r, could you also check clarify, why
the default Makefiel doesn't include uthread_attr_init? The function
pthread_attr_init is quite useful...

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.