Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:44:15 -0400
From:      Ugen <chaos@xonix.com>
To:        "thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DHCP - IPFW - Controlling IPs

I don't think something like this exists (although theoretically if they are on
a local network with some modification it would be possible to also filter
by an Ethernet address) - however this is one reason IP address based
security can only be used for Unix hosts and other "trusted" systems
where only trusted people are able to set the addresses (presumably).
Well, if you are in a switched environment you can probably make your switch/router
somehow maintain IP to MAC address consistency. Other then that whenever
dealing with individual windows etc. workstations it is crucial to have some
other kind of security available...
--Ugen