Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:28:53 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: small patch to linux_base files for package building

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:12:03PM +0100, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> No strong objection from me, however, I would definitely be happier
> to see this code as part of bsd.port.mk as I proposed in
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/135221

I agree that this should be tested ... but there is a lot of code there
that I didn't have time to puzzle through for my current -exp run.

If the stanzas in the ports go away, then my hack goes away as well :-)
Consider it temporary in the meantime.

fwiw, right now it only affects pointyhat-west, which is currently
only being used for -exp runs.  However, sometime soon I want to
start using it for regular builds.  There are still a few bugs to
work out.

mcl