Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:44:54 +1000
From:      Joel Sutton <sutton@aardvark.apana.org.au>
To:        "James F. Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: QIC Drives on the parallel port

> Is there any support for the QIC drives that hook up to the parallel
> port? I did a tar tvzf /dev/lpt0 once, and the drive tried to do some
> stuff, but apparently really didn't know what was going on.

Not as far as I know. Only floppy controller type QIC drives seem to
work - and then you're limited to QIC-40/80 only. And SCSI of course.

Colorado Jumbo 250/350 and some Conner floppy tape drives are known to
work. (Reports from anyone else are welcome :->).

Did you have a specific drive in mind? If you can afford it, SCSI is
definately the better option.

Cheers, Joel...