Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:24:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andreas Berg <andy@flame.org>
To:        ATeslik@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com 3c905c-tx-m NIC

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 ATeslik@aol.com wrote:

> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:48:30 EDT
> From: ATeslik@aol.com
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: 3com 3c905c-tx-m NIC
>
> Hello,
>
> So, I went and returned that Linksys LNE100TXII NIC and bought a 3Com
> 3C905C-TX-M NIC instead. It seems to have been a bad move because when I
> compile "xl" into my kernel, the card doesn't even show up during boot.
> Again, the dos diags that came with it have no problem seeing it, but FreeBSD
> can't. This is getting really old really fast. Plug and Play in the bios is
> set to auto, then I tried manual, then I tried recompiling my kernel, then I
> read all the archives, then searched up and down for a driver. Nothing. Does
> anyone have this card and have success using it? It doesn't even come up!
> Grrrrrr.

I have the exact same board as you speak of above in two of my computers.
It works just fine. I believe its called 3C905-TX-NM though. It uses the
same drives as 3C905-TX anyway.

make sure that you have 'device xl0', 'controller pnp0' and 'controller
pci 0' in your kernel conf. kernel.GENERIC should find the board too.

> Alex

-Andy