Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:55:57 -0500
From:      Scott Goehring <scott@poverty.bloomington.in.us>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gdk and the gimp

To the person having problems with Gimp 0.99.18 and gdk/gdk 0.99.3: if
you installed the gimp.org distribution, it probably installed the
libraries where your system isn't looking for them.  I am not familiar
with FreeBSD's shared library system, but when we see this problem
in Linux, it's because /usr/local/lib isn't in /sbin/ldconfig.

(It can also be caused by having two versions of gtk installed, the
new one in /usr/local/lib, and the old one in /usr/lib.  The old one
gets selected because it's first on the search path.)

Scott Goehring
CEO, WilberWorks