Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:07:10 -0400
From:      Joshua Fielden <shaggy@houseofduck.ml.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Matthew Hayton <mhayton@watt.ee.vt.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: term probs

Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 1997 at 09:24:15PM -0400, Matthew Hayton wrote:
> >       I recently installed FreeBSD-2.2.2 Release and am having problems
> > with the terminal type.  For example, in order to connect to by friend's
> > linux box, i have to redefine the term type ('env def TERM vt100') under
> > telnet, otherwise the connection is refused.
>
> Really?  That sounds like a bug to me.
> Greg

Yeah, this was kicked around by me and a couple other people when
2.2.2-RELEASE just made it, but I don't know if anyone made a PR on it.
The only thing I can 100% reproduce is 4.0 Red Hat and _any_ 2.1.x or
2.2.x machine <Various> I have tried, so I don't think it's just BSD.
--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had been an
actual life-threatening emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you