Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:51:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      you@cc.sakuramail.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/12668: The kernel clock goes slow with PLIP device (lp0)

>Number:         12668
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       The kernel clock goes slow with PLIP device (lp0)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
 While transferring large amount of data via PLIP device (lp0),
the kernel clock goes very slow. I'm using Libretto 50,
transferring a couple of 10MB file causes that the kenel clock goes
slow a couple of 10 seconds.

>How-To-Repeat:
1. Prepare two FreeBSD machines, and connect 2 machines with PLIP cable.
2. Configure lp0 device by using /stand/sysinstall, or manually using ifconfig.
3. Make large file. I make such a file by tar'ing home directories.
4. Transfer the file by FTP. The receiver's kernel clock goes slow while transferring.
(I didn't make sure the sender's clock goes slow or not,
 I'm writing this report at home, with the receiver host, sorry.)