Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:49:36 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wi0 starts after natd

I'm using my wireless interface (wi0) for natd to provide an internet
connection to my ailing Mac via the laptop's (and Mac's) built in ethernet
interfaces.   No matter where in /etc/rc.conf  I place

ifconfig_wi0="DHCP"

natd starts before seeing the interface and I get this in my dmesg:

Firewall rules loaded, starting divert daemons:
 natd
natd:
unknown interface name wi0

So, after I login and become root, I type in:

natd -n wi0

and all proceeds fine.  natd is happy, the intranet is happy, the Mac is
happy, I am happy.

So the obvious question is:  Where can I put the command to start natd so
that it starts after wi0 is up?  I'm going to see if /usr/local/etc/rc.d is a
workable location, but I thought I'd ask here first, in case there is
something at work of which I am unaware.

TIA

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT