Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SYM driver for Compaq 5500 Xeon?

This is with the 4.1 boot floppies.  But the drives don't show.  I'm
booting -v now to see.

Just did, still no drives.  Nothing extraordinary in the -v output.

it's a compaq PROLIANT, 5500, quad xeon, 1.25GB of RAM, 2 9GB scsi disks
on ID's 0 and 1 of the only controller.

bootloader sees them just fine.

I don't know much about hot-plug stuff, it looks relatively normal to me,
and it's an older rev.  That's about it.

My adaptec suggestion was only because perhaps the driver wasn't
integrated until after the floppies were made, so I could get installed,
then update the kernel.

I guess I"ll try that route, but I'd rather not.