Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2008 23:25:14 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        paul+usenet@w6yx.stanford.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: net/linux-nx-client

"G. Paul Ziemba" <pz-freebsd-ports@ziemba.us> writes:
> gamato@users.sf.net (martinko) writes:
>
>>Scot Hetzel wrote:

>>> That's the wrong library, you need the linux libXext.so.6 which should
>>> be located under /usr/compat/linux.
>>>
>>> Scot
>
>>Which it is not.  A missing dependency ?
>
> On my system, for some reason these libraries get installed (by the
> linux* ports) in /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib rather than in

Yes, it is supposed to.

> /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/lib where many applications expect them.

That is wrong. If that's true for your system than something is wrong
with your system/configuration.

> I have been manually creating symlinks in /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/lib,
> e.g.,
>
>     cd /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/lib
>     ln -s ../../X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>
> I'm not sure why I need to make these links or if there is a better
> approach, but it works for me.

By default linuxulator looks for files first at /usr/compat/linux
directories and only if it fails then /usr/local is used. I.e. if
you have /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 than it should
be found by linuxulator and no symlinking is needed.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve