Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:03:16 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>, "Caleb Walker" <caleb.walker@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Setting Up Named / Bind 8

It's been a long time since I've read it, but if you go to www.isc.org, and
click through to the bind8 page, you'll see a 1.3MB download for the bind8
documentation.  Last I saw it, it was fairly comprehensive.

Moving from 4.x to 8.x is trivial.  The only change, is to the configuration
file.  The zone files stay the same.

The config file itself is much cleaner and very straightfoward to manage.

I don't remember which version of FreeBSD bind8 first showed up in, but
unless I'm imagining things, it's always included man pages for named and
named.conf.  Read them, it's all the documentation you should need to get
bind up and running.

G'luck,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short