Date:      26 Aug 2002 13:18:15 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Plugins available for newly installed gaim from ports

--=-FEUPfpvL5l4drtAPgNn6

Hello,
     I've just installed gaim from ports.

I have an account with MSN, that I'd like to use, but I am unable to get
started as per the online gaim instructions:
Q] How do I use MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, IRC, Gadu-Gadu, Napster, or Zephyr?=20

Ans] First load the plugin. Protocol plugins come with Gaim, so just go
to the Plugins dialog (Tools->Plugins, or the Plugins button on the
start screen) and then click "Load." The protocol plugins are named
libprotocol.so, so MSN for instance is provided by libmsn.so.

When I click on the gaim icon, the "GAIM Login" applet appears, no
"Tools" button appears, but there is a "Plugins" button.

Clicking on "Plugins" brings up the plugins applet, but there're the
panel on the left (Loaded Plugins) is blank - as such, there's nothing
available to "Load".

Also, I check the man pages for Gaim, which says that
/usr/local/lib/gaim is where I should find all available plugins, but
that dir does *not* exist:
 $ ls -la /usr/local/lib/gaim
ls: /usr/local/lib/gaim: No such file or directory
$=20

Like I said, I've only installed this just a few minutes ago, and there
weren't any dialoge / user input required stages, so where've I gone
wrong here? I'd appreciate some help with this from someone that's got
Gaim working on FreeBSD.

Here's my uname info:
$ uname -a
FreeBSD <snip> 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Wed Jul 24 02:57:09 BST
2002     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<snip>  i386
$

TIA
Stacey