Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:46:38 -0700
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-960801-SNAP--Problem with SMC 10/100 card and SMC 100mb `tiger hub'

I've noticed that running the 2.2-960801 snap causes the de driver to
fail to link up to the 100mb SMC tiger hub that we're experimenting
with.  It always reports

de0: enabling 10baseT port

and then gives timeout errors.

However, the de driver in 2.1.5R works with this setup (I was
able to establish communication with an ultrasparc at 100mb just
fine).

I actually ran both versions on the same system to eliminate the
possibility of hardware differences causing the problem.

If whoever looks at this wants any more information please contact me.

-Fred Gilham    gilham@csl.sri.com