Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Christophe_Pr=E9votaux?= <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Service Classes

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christophe Pr=E9votaux wrote:

> oops I am not a programmer , I doubt I can succeed in making this work
> however since the PCA200E does not support CBR it does not fit my needs
>=20
> I think I will have to look at the prosum card or the marconi HE155 cards
> but all these have Linux drivers but no FreeBSD drivers

If you are interested in cards other than the PCA200E, the IDT 77211
might do the trick.  As Mark Tinguely mentioned, it is capable of CBR,
VBR, and UBR.  Although the VBR is rather limited, CBR is decent.

I am not sure of the status of CBR on Mark's IDT driver, but if you
would like to try mine, it has a granularity of 64kb/s:
  http://www.hodges.org/rh/code/if_idt.tar.gz

> > That's fairly easy: you have to write value 0x90 in SUNI register
> > 0x46 for SONET and value 0x94 for SDH.

If anyone is interested, this could be a simple sysctl variable, which
the interrupt routine could check and act on if needed.

All the best,

-Richard