Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:09:46 +0100
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   isic is gone to heaven after updating from FBSD 4.3 to 4.4

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

After updating my system from 4.3-stable to 4.4-stable (and thereby
i4b 1.0) my Fritz!Card is not recognised anymore. According to the
isic(4) manpage, I modified my kernel config file to include

  device        isic0   at isa? port 0x340 irq 9 flags 4

instead of (the former working)

  device        isic0

All I get is:

# dmesg | grep isic
isic0: probe, unknown flag: 4

The manpage states "The required (optional under NetBSD) flag value is 4."
Besides me, that seems to confuse isdnd:

% tail -2 /var/log/isdnd.log
09.11.2001 19:47:04 ERR init_controller: no ISDN controller found!
09.11.2001 19:47:04 DMN daemon terminating, exitval = 1

Did I mess up something essential here or does that sound familiar to
someone? Any hints on what I am missing are very much appreciated.

  Roland

P.S. I am aware of the spppcontrol -> ispppcontrol change as
     documented in /usr/src/UPDATING. This seems unrelated.

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--