Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:22 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        rank1seeker@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unhappy with cross-worlding

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On 2010-Nov-16 03:24:22 +0100, rank1seeker@gmail.com wrote:
>I decided to go for amd64 (it's name, is so deceiving, that I've just=20
>recently, accidentaly figured out, that it can be used, with intel CPUs,=
=20
>too) :P

Well, FreeBSD had support for the amd64 before Intel licensed the
architecture from AMD and renamed it.  By the time Intel had called it
EM64T, the FreeBSD Project decided it was too late to rename its port.

That said, this has caused a degree of confusion over the years.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--