Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 08:24:16 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        UDDANE@aol.com
Subject:   Re: installation question (FreeBSD 4.2)

Another possibility is that you need to install the /usr/ports/x11/wrapper
port so that you can "startx" from the command line. (Although, the version
4.0.2 advice sounds more likely. I don't think that not installing wrapper
should cause your system to freeze.)

If you haven't already done this, Marianne, you can (as root) change to
/usr/ports/x11/wrapper and do a "make install clean". Then try "startx"
again. Even if the problem turns out to be the version of X you're running,
you should still do this if you intend to run X using startx rather than xdm.

M.

--
Michael O'Henly