Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:56:41 +0200
From:      "Johan Christiansen" <Johan@Haz.dk>
To:        <osa@FreeBSD.org.ru>, "'Michael Sierchio'" <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SV: 4.8-STABLE Kernel Panic with dummynet options.

>Anyway, NMBCLUSTERS and NSFBUFS maybe set at boot-time.
>Remove them from kernel config file and just add two following lines =
into
your /boot/loader.conf.local: kern.ipc.nmbclusters=3D"32768"
kern.ipc.nsfbufs=3D"32768"

>AFAIK 1024 is very-very small value for NMBCLUSTERS.

I tried to compile without the HZ and NMBCLUSTERS, and the machine now =
boots
fine.
Anyways the current kern.ipc.nmbclusters is 1232, reported by sysctl.
What would you reccomend for a gateway/firewall machine on a =
2Mbit/512Kbit
DSL,
With Approx. 20 simultaniously users?

Can i only set these values at boot time?
And what about the HZ value?