Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 10:54:35 -0700
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advansys SCSI driver

At 12:31 PM 5/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know the status of the advscsi driver? I have a SIIG card
>(advansys) and, as a result, I've had to install linux instead of my
>preferred system, which is FreeBSD. Linux 2.0.30 supports the advscsi
>cards. Perhaps one could look through those drivers to find the
>low-level commands.

I apologize if I'm not being too helpful here, but I bought a SIIG
scsi adapter once, becuase it was cheaper than the adaptecs. It
sucked. Never again. I always use adaptec now. I'm curious to know
why you won't use adaptec. I use scsi bus systems primarily, and
in i386 boxes I have found adaptec to work in all these systems:
os/2, DOS 6, win 3.1, 95, NT 4.0, fBSD, and Linux. The SIIG card
wouldn't work with os/2, and thats where I tossed it. That was some
time ago though, maybe they are better now...