Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:00:20 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.1: no swt-pi-gtk-3138

Hi,

	Well, I agree that only one instance of swt
should be ever lying around. Or, at least, that they not CONFLICT
with one another since I need eclipse to build azureus but only swt
to run it which means I would have a hell of a dependency problem
otherwise.

	Well, for those wondering about an example. I did a crude
hack to azureus to get it going. The port still needs polishing
but it is good enough so that you can try any of the mentioned
solutions.

	I, for one, would prefer that the eclipse port
would extract the .so files somewhere rather than incarnating yet
another port since I also need the swt*jar files which are part of
eclipse. We wouldn't gain much from another port (saving run time
dependencies I mean), we would require both in the end.

	Port sample,

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/azureus.tgz

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature