Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 08:51:22 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        wc.bulte@chello.nl
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can NMI drop a hanging FreeBSD kernel into DDB?

On 2000-May-11 07:10:27 +1000, Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl> wrote:
>And if you force the IOCHK* line on an AT slot to GND? Would that work
>on modern PCI machines?

Grounding IOCHK* does cause an NMI on the only PCI machine I've tried
it on.  It looks like this is maskable in the Intel PIIX3 (and
presumably later) chips, so it may depend on the BIOS.

I don't know whether this will still work if the PCI bus is hung.  I
know it doesn't work when I wedge that machine, but I'm not sure what
is wedging (since I'm not playing with untested PCI hardware, I think
it's not the PCI bus).

Peter