Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:46:23 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        fbsd <fbsd@eporue.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound card question.

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 07:24:24PM -0800, fbsd wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>   Im currently having problems getting my sound card to work with
>  FBSD 3.3-release. I have a Gravis Ultrasound PnP Pro, im attempting
>  to use the pcm0 driver to get the card to work. At bootup, I see
>  the following message;
>
>  CSN 1 Vendor ID: GRV0001 [0x0100561e] Serial 0x0000183a Comp ID: PNPb02f
>  [0x2fb0d041]
>  This is a GusPnP, but LDN 0 is disabled
>
>  Im not sure what the LDN 0 is referring to.

LDN == Logical Device Number

The "LDN 0 is disabled" message could be caused by your BIOS. Look in
you BIOS for something about whether you are using a PnP OS or not and
set it to "off" or "disabled".

If this doesn't do the trick try doing a ``boot -c'' and at the ``config>'' prompt type

    config> pnp 1 0 os enable
    config> quit

and see if that makes any difference.

> At the bottom of my
>  kernel conf file, I have;
>
>  device		pcm0
>
>  I also double-checked to make sure I had, controller pnp0 enabled.
>
>  After I compiled the kernel and rebooted, I don't see any message
>  regarding the pcm0 driver. Is there something else I need to enable,
>  perhaps in reference tot eh LDN 0 being disabled?
>
>  Thanks for any help.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Gavin

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000