Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:48:47 +0200
From:      Pawel Malachowski <pawmal-posting@freebsd.lublin.pl>
To:        mzu@cs.uh.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!!! Dummynet Causing Machines Dead??

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:31:48PM -0500, mzu@cs.uh.edu wrote:

> What do you mean flush the pipe and creating the new pipe? I want to
> change my bandwidth every half an hour? Are you saying
>
> now my pipe is "bw 10Mbit/s queue 75Kbytes"
>
> In half an hour, if I do
> > ipfw pipe flush
> > ipfw add pipe 1 ip from xxxx to xxxx"
> > ipfw pipe 1 config bw 2Mbit/s queue 25Kbytes"
>
> The machine won't die? So it has nothing to do with my queue size?

Probably the best workaround for You will be to create two
different pipes and to pass trafic throught the proper one.

ipfw pipe 1 config bw  2Mbit/s queue 25Kbytes
ipfw pipe Z config bw 10Mbit/s queue 75Kbytes

to switch:
 ipfw del XXX;ipfw add XXX pipe 1 ip from xxxx to xxxx
or
 ipfw del XXX;ipfw add XXX pipe Z ip from xxxx to xxxx

--
Paweł Małachowski