Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:18:17 -0600
From:      GB Clark <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 build failure

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:27:22 +0200
Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua> wrote:

> hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:19:13AM -0600, Eric J. Christeson wrote:
> > I'm getting an assertion failure trying to build JDK 1.4.1 patchset 2.
> > The machine is a K6-III.
> >
> > #uname -a
> > FreeBSD robin.christeson.net 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Tue Feb
> > 4 17:00:26 CST 2003
> > root@robin.christeson.net:/usr/space/obj/usr/src-all/stable/src/sys/ROBIN  i386
>
> Cool.  It's something absolutely new for me.  I think it's because you're
> using AMD, and not Intel machine.
>
> Let's try to fix it.  Can you please:
>
> 1. post first lines of dmesg.  I.e. how FreeBSD detects a machine ?
>
> 2. Run 'java_g -XX:+Verbose' and post me an output.
>
> PS: To not to spam the list, please send it to me directly.

Alexey,

I think the problem here is that the K6-III is a P5 processor and not a P6 processor as mentioned
in the error...

assert(VM_Version::is_P6() || dest->has_byte_register(), "must use byte registers if not P6")

Is the line...

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek