Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 17:12:23 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest VM fixes are holding up

>	They're holdng up fairly well here too, the only crashes I'm seeing
>(which are entirely reproducible on one machine by doing "make hierarchy") are
>of the "Panic: cleaned vnode isn't" type. I'm seeing a couple of the a day. If
>only I had the space to create & install a completely debuggable kernel I'd do
>it. Now, when is Terry's FS stuff going in?

   Terry apparantly has a kludge for the "free vnode isn't" panic, but the
problem you mention above about "cleaned vnode isn't" is a different problem
altogether. I've never seen this occur here or on any machines I'm responsible
for, so I suspect that the problem is isolated/related to specific code that
you're using that I'm not.

-DG

David Greenman