Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 00:29:01 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Steven Clark <unixonline@www.unixonline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: local copy of the Handbook

Steven Clark wrote:

[some snippage]

> Hello,
>         I am creating a unix newbie site and I would very much like to
> have a local copy of the handbook on my site.

	You would probably be better off with a link to our site. Documentation
is (ideally) a very fluid thing and in particular we are working on
making many changes and improvements to ours in the next several months.
Additionally, although most of the stuff on our web site has no
restrictions on reproduction, my understanding is that certain parts of
our web site have different copyrights depending on the author's wishes.

>         I am currently writting a tutorial on FreeBSD and one section
> will be covering unix basics which I would like to insert into the
> handbook since their is a lack of the basics in the handbook.

	Have you looked at the whole web site? There are several tutorials that
you might have missed, including one specifically directed at newbies.
We would of course be interested in any documentation you come up with
directed at new users as this is an important priority for any technical
endeavor.

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest