Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:35:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems sending mail to list

	HI all.  I'm working with our smtp servers and I noticed something
that's just not right.  We have a couple of our outgoing mail servers that
can't post to this mailing list.  I'm sure there's more, but this one
stands out the most.  The server we're using has a standard copy
of sendmail on FreeBSD 4.3 stable and has everything but an MX record
(there's a reason behind that) in DNS and we still can't post to this
mailing list using it, so I'm having to resort to using my remote shell
account to be able to post this question.  The error I'm getting is
"Deferred: 450 Client Host Rejected: cannot find your hostname [ip address]"
yet we can resolve our server to a dns entry.

	Now, we've got another that we use for emergencies (like when we
decide to hose our network by accident) that gives the same error, yet
it's HAS an MX record in DNS.  Other servers we've used don't have this
issue at all.  Anyone have any ideas?  All are running the same exact
version of sendmail with exactly identical configs, minus a tweek or two
here and there, but nothing I can see that would affect recept of mail
from our servers to the mail server for this mailing list.

	Anyone got any ideas on this?  Do I need to talk to a list admin
to resolve this?  Reading the mail from this list is vastly helpful, but
at times we'd like to also be able to post.  :)  So any help is welcome.
Thanks.