Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:28:24 +0300
From:      Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mergemaster merge left/right

Speaking of mergemaster, it would be really really nice to have
"freebsd-update install" get the following functionality/options from
mergemaster:

-i   Automatically install any files that do not exist in the
destination directory.
-F   If the files differ only by VCS Id ($FreeBSD) install the new file.

This would help avoid having to manually approve installation of
hundreds of files in /etc when you upgrade to new releases using
freebsd-update.

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov