Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:04:49 -0500
From:      Gabriel Lavoie <glavoie@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>,  FreeBSD-Geom List <freebsd-geom@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.3 RC1 - gmirror - changed devices name

Hello everyone,
     I just upgraded my system to 7.3 RC1, from 7.1, to test it. I had
a lot of trouble with my gmirror setup as none of my providers were
recognized. It happened that the HARDCODED flag was set on both my
providers and my hard disk drives device nodes changed name from 7.1
to 7.3RC1. Removing the HARDCODED flag from a FixIt live CD and
rebooting solved the problem. How comes device nodes can change name
from a release to another? Both my hard disk drives went from ad8 and
ad10 to ad4 and ad6...

Thank you,

Gabriel