Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:57:38 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System won't boot after Install.

> I have a dual processor PII with 5 Seagate Drives and a Symbios UW and a
> Symbios N controller and a Adaptec 2940UW controller.
>
> After installing the 3.0-SNAP found on ftp.freebsd.org, it won't boot
> after it installs.   It installs just fine.  But then it can't seem to
> find the FreeBSD partition.
>
> Any suggestions?

Several.  It's possible that there's an ordering problem; try pulling
all of the controllers and disks other than the boot disk and see if it
picks it up OK.

If that still fails, then we need to know what the 'changing root
device to' message says.

Also, try a newer SNAP from current.freebsd.org, as there have been
some improvements in that area recently.