Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:13:40 -0600
From:      00540562@academ01.maz.itesm.mx
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dummynet and gif tunnel...

I am planning to use dummynet but I have some questions regarding the imp=
lementation.

Here is a diagram of my network:

Servers: x.x.1.0/24 (building A)

Personal computers: x.x.2.0/24 (building B)

Router (building A):
interface eht1: x.x.1.1 (Servers)
interface eth2: 192.168.1.1
interface wan: -- ISP

router eth1 -- Servers
router eth2 -- (fxp0) FreeBSD gt1 (fxp1) -- Microwaves, share fiber -- (f=
xp1)
FreeBSD gt2 (fxp0) -- personal computers

FreeBSD boxes:
gt1 fxp0 =3D 192.168.1.2
gt1 fxp1 =3D 172.16.1.2

gt2 fxp0 =3D x.x.2.1
gt2 fxp1 =3D 172.16.1.1

With this configuration I am securing the traffic between the router and
the personal computers with an ipsec tunnel gif0. Everything works great
(as usual with FreeBSD) but the bandwidth between both FreeBSD boxes (tun=
nel
gif0) is 10 Mbit/s. People are downloading mp3's, surfing, etc., and the
problem is that connection to the servers slow down because the internet
traffic and the intranet traffic use the same channel.

I want the the FreeBSD boxes give priority to the network x.x.1.0/24, I
am planning to use dummynet and assure a bandwidth of 4 Mbits to the x.x.=
1.0/24
and the rest for the Internet.

As this boxes are acting as routers I need to use two pipes? or just one
pipe for the conection between 172.16.1.1 and 172.16.1.2.

How can I do this?, any Howto's?, examples?

Thanks..