Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:47:43 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /kernel: rtfree: 0xf2b02700 not freed (neg refs)

At 12:47 PM 12/22/98 +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
>On Monday, 21 December 1998 at 21:01:03 -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>
>> I searched through the mailing lists and the only other reference I could
>> find is someone else with a similar setup.. i.e. running FreeBSD stable and
>> gated.  Is it a bug ?  Gated ?  The O/S ?  How can I start to track down
>> the cause of it.  Again, its FreeBSD stable (as of yesterday), running
>> Gated 3.5.9 with ipfw enabled. It was suggested it might be bad memory.  If
>> that were the case, would the bad memory cause other problems ?
>
>How about describing the problem?

Sorry, didnt mean to be so terse about the problem.  Basically, I am not
even sure if it is a problem to worry about.  As I mentioned, I am running
a FreeBSD stable box with gated 3.5.9 taking a full view, advertising a
couple of /24s to my upstream.  I have 2 border routers.  Both are the same
hardware. One is a 2.2.7 RELEASE box with an Etinc serial card.  That one
works quite well with no such messages as above.  The other is an fxp only
box running gated 3.5.9 with no other purpose in life.  Since deploying it
a few days ago, I have had my kern.* syslog fill with the above messages.
I am not sure if it is something to worry about or not.  The gated.conf
file is fairly straightforward at this point and identical to the other
border router's config, save for the AS and peer address differences of
course.

In short, a) I am not clear as to the meaning of the message b) Is it
something to worry about c) if its not a bug, where should I look to find
the cause of it.

	---Mike