Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:51:14 +0200
From:      Zsolt Udvari <udvzsolt@gmail.com>
To:        Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CPU Overheating?

I've similar problem. I've AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65.

I'm using sysutils/gather to log my system in every minute. In the
latest entries I can't find anything strange. On my laptop the CPU's
temperature is 70-80C and this is normal as I see on web. While
compiling it increases to 82-85C and nothing any problem.

As I inspected it's independent to any cpu usage. In most case it
shuts off when the LID is closed (not all case!). The fan is working
but no reactions. I can't ping and can't ssh from another machine.
Should power off and power on again.

Zsolt