Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 09:43:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem building -current kernel with read-only /usr/src.

:
:On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 12:24:51AM -0800, Matt Dillon wrote:
:>     While trying to run 'make depend' in /usr/src/sys/compile/BLAH I got:
:>
:> ===> 3dfx
:> @ -> /FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys
:> ln: @: Read-only file system
:> *** Error code 1
:>
:
:Wouldn't using the buildkernel/installkernel targets be more appropriate
:for a read-only source-tree?
:
:--
:Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org

    Tried using the buildkernel target, doesn't work either.

    I don't have MODULES_WITH_WORLD set in /etc/make.conf.

    I tried 'make cleandir' in /usr/src and that does not fix the problem
    either.

    Something got broken in the last week or two, it never did this sort
    of thing before.

						-Matt