Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:20:06 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, andreas@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docproj depends on X11 now?!?!

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 03:55:40PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
>=20
> On 24-Feb-01 Nik Clayton wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:23:10PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
> >> Woah.  I was building a test release with DOCS turned on and happened =
> >> look
> >> over and saw that it was installing the XFree86 3.3.6 port due to a
> >> dependency
> >> on libpng.  Which is an interactive port.  Which makes release not be
> >> non-interactive anymore.  This needs to be fixed, esp. before it comes=
 time
> >> rolling 4.3.
> >=20
> > jasone on #fightclub just told me that Ghostscript turns on the X11
> > display device by default.
> >=20
> > Andreas, with your MAINTAINER hat on, could we patch the ghostscript6 p=
ort=20
> > so that it asks whether or not the end user needs the X11 support inclu=
ded=20
> > or not, and adjust the patches and dependencies as necessary?
> >=20
> > I'm happy to do the work for this.
>=20
> Eek!  Please don't make it ask.  Or rather, provide a variable I can set =
in the
> environment that release can use to make it just DTRT w/o asking the user
> anything.  release needs to be non-interactive. :)

When BATCH is set, let it use a variable.
When having an interactive port, let it ask, but
then you need to reactivate the display based configure script,
where you can choose the drivers you want to compile in ...
=20
But currently the configure script is disabled, since
I didn't had time to update the driver selection...

There you could easily ask, if user wants X11 support ...

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.2 SMP
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2--