Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:05:33 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Patrik Sundberg <ps@raditex.se>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mfs and imagefile (/usr/src/sbin/newfs/mkfs.c)

>We asked Andrzej Bialecki(picobsd) about it and he too thought the -F flag was
>the way to accomplish this, but later came to the same conclusion as we did.

The -F flag was added because we didn't have a working vn(4) at the
time and Jordan and I were sick and tired of make release falling
over because of sick floppy disks.  It works the opposite of what you
want:  it preserves the contents of the MFS after you unmount it.

Feel free to add code for what you suggest, but make it read the input
from a filedescriptor so that I can
	gunzip < mfs.image.gz | mount_mfs ...

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!