Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:28:22 -0000
From:      "paul" <delusional@si.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Welch" <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To: <delusional@si.rr.com>
Cc: <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:09 PM
Subject: Inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem??

> Try adding this to your /etc/rc.conf file:
>
> pccard_mem="0xd8000"
>
> I have been using an I8k for 2.5 years now without issue
> with this specified.  I've yet to run across a card that didn't
> work.

Sean

Ok just tryed that out, no luck =\ maybe you have something setup
differently then me right now 5.2 rc2 is on the system my rc.conf currently
has:
pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_ifconfig="DHCP"
pccard_mem="0xd8000"

Is there something else you have maybe in pccard.conf or in your kernel.
Right now i just have the generic kernel loaded i tryed dhclient ed1 and
just get kernel: ed1: device timeout.
Anyway would love to hear your config as this is the most frustrating
problem I  have encountered while using fbsd and just want to find the
solution. thanks -paul

=