Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:29:31 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin Horcicka <horcicka@FreeBSD.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New XML/XSL pages problems

--AXxEqdD4tcVTjWte

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 06:26:46PM +0200, Martin Horcicka wrote:
> while translating new pages to Czech I've found the following problems and
> suggestions:
>=20
> - www/en/index.html depends on www/en/news/press.xml but there is no such
> dependency in the www/en/Makefile.

Fixed.  Thanks for the info.

> - "make clean" and "Last modified" hack do not affect HTML files generated
> from XML/XSL.

Yeah.  I'm not wholly clear yet on exactly what the .mk infrastructure
for the XML files will look like.  I'm wary of extrapolating the current
method that I've hardcoded in to a few files.  Once there are a few more
XML data sources in the www/ tree (I'm thinking specifically of the
vendors section) I (or someone else) can take a step back and see what
needs to be made generic infrastructure, and what needs to be handled on
a per-file basis.

> - I don't like the tidy's error message:
> >>Can't open "/home/horcicka/.tidyrc"<<. What about to change the
> "-f /dev/null" to "2> /dev/null" at the end? I think, the effect is almos=
t the
> same except the error message above.

Can do.

> - What about to remove the old SGML sources replaced by the XML/XSL ones?

Which ones have I missed?

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--AXxEqdD4tcVTjWte

--AXxEqdD4tcVTjWte--