Date:      Fri,  8 Dec 2000 22:48:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccc/cxx on 4.1R

David O'Brien writes:
 > On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 09:20:45AM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 > > To get the compiler working. follow the directions at
 > > http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin/compaq_ccc_instructions
 >
 > Can you evaluate the results from your method, to
 > /usr/ports/lang/compaq-cc ?  I don't require either linux_base or
 > linux_devtools, and produce fully native FreeBSD binaries.

Wow!

I haven't actually used it yet, just browsed the port....
Any chance of being able to write a preprocessing script
which converts from the gcc asm syntax to the Compaq asm syntax?
I'd really like to build a kernel with the Compaq compiler..

I should probably rebuild my X servers too.  And ghostscript.

Awesome!

Drew