Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:30:40 -0800
From:      "Shawn Halloran" <SPHalloran2@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Drivers ??

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C1B1D2.8D0443C0

1) Where do I find inforation about current drivers?

a) I have an Intellipoint Optical USB mouse - PS/2 compatible. I can not =
get the mouse daemon or X to initialize the mouse. FreeBSD recocnizes the=
 USB mouse during installation, but I can not configure it.

b) I have a 3dfx VooDoo5 5500 PCI graphics card - the only driver listed =
is a VooDoo3 (generic). =20

2) How do I tell the OS where to look for the drivers once their located,=
 and how do I update the drivers?

These are probably very stupid questions, but the greatest amount of succ=
ess I've experience to date is the ls command (definately a newbie).

Thanks,
ShawnGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer=
.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C1B1D2.8D0443C0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV> <DIV>1) Where=
 do I find inforation about current drivers?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV=
>a) I have an Intellipoint Optical USB mouse - PS/2 compatible. I can not=
 get the mouse daemon or X to initialize the mouse. FreeBSD recocnizes th=
e USB mouse during installation, but I can not configure it.</DIV> <DIV>&=
nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>b) I have a 3dfx VooDoo5 5500 PCI graphics card - the on=
ly driver listed is a VooDoo3 (generic). </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>2)=
 How do I tell the OS where to look for the drivers once their located, a=
nd how do I update the drivers?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>These are pr=
obably very stupid questions, but the greatest amount of success I've exp=
erience to date is the <EM>ls</EM> command (definately a newbie).<BR></DI=
V> <DIV>Thanks,</DIV> <DIV>Shawn<BR></DIV><BR clear=3Dall><BR><BR></DIV><=
/BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explore=
r download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.msn.com<=
/a><br></p>

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C1B1D2.8D0443C0--