Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 09:36:17 -0500
From:      "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com>
To:        "'Jason Taylor'" <jason+freebsd@kanda.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Question on testing UVSCAN

> > I used this test file (eicar.com) to test whether I installed UVSCAN
> > correctly. I get the following output for 'uvscan -v eicar.com':
>

> Whats the output from the following command?:
>
> ls -l EICAR.COM && md5 EICAR.COM && uvscan EICAR.COM
>
> My output is:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 jason  jason  69 Oct  5  2000 EICAR.COM
> MD5 (EICAR.COM) = 69630e4574ec6798239b091cda43dca0
> /data/home/jason/important/EICAR.COM
>
> Jason.

My output looks like this:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  users  68 May 20 09:33 EICAR.COM
MD5 (EICAR.COM) = a5eb4a9756016b6f39f70cf9ab49b2a5
Thank you for choosing to evaluate VirusScan from Network Associates.
This  version of the software is for Evaluation Purposes Only and may be
used  for  up to 30 days to determine if it meets your requirements.  To
license  the  software,  or to  obtain  assistance during the evaluation
process,  please call (408) 988-3832.  If you  choose not to license the
software,  you  need  to remove it from your system.  All  use  of  this
software is conditioned upon compliance with the license terms set forth
in the README.TXT file.

Should the MD5 output be identical to yours? Also, my byte size is only 68
bytes. I am still using only an evaluation copy. I am not sure if that could
be an issue. Pl let me know if any of the differences you see are
significant.

Thanks a ton.

Rgds,
Raja