Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2006 04:50:48 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail: Error message in maillog

On Monday November 06, 2006 at 02:01:55 (AM) Jonathan McKeown wrote:

> Possibly silly question: it's failing to connect to the IPv6 loopback. Is it
> possible that something changed as regards IPv6/IPv4 as part of the update?

I have been in touch with a few individuals on the Fetchmail forum. It
appears, at least according to the change log, that IPv6 has been
improved on the latest version of Fetchmail. I am not sure if this is a
good thing or not. In any case, I disabled IPv6 on this PC and the
problem went away. I think this problem needs more investigations though.

--
Gerard