Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 00:27:01 -0800
From:      Jon Van <jonvan@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   thin OS under intranet...

hey there!

I'm putting together a bizplan and I want to get away from the
unreliable nature of Win95.  I have plans of using the InterJet and want
to attach clients with a thin OS.  I recently found out that the
InterJet may work nicely for sharing a single comm line for a LAN and
allowing the flexibility of having an onsite mail server, however it
does not have the power to serve up active webpages (have a requirement
for video/animation).  The question is what sort of hardware will it
take to have freeBSD/Apache serving up .avi files or RealPlayer, etc?
Pentium 200, 233, 266......?
and how much is the Apache software for freeBSD platform?

RSVPASAP,

Jon Van