Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 19:01:00 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, David Lowe <dlowe@pootpoot.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adduser, rmuser, and perl...

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 10:38:12AM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Tim Vanderhoek:
> > See FAQ 8.2.  Supposedly Ollivier is working on a "new-account"
> > package.  This could well be some outdated 60's thing, but you
> > probably should check with him, first.
>
> I should remove that comment... new-account is a Perl4 script and was written
> before pw(8) existed. I don't maintain it anymore as pw(8) does everything
> new-account does (and some more now).

In next month's Daemon News I'll be unveiling a script I developed for the ISP
I worked at last year.  It's Perl5 and uses pw and is pretty modular and thus
"hackable".  If anyone is interested in "previewing" the public version of
this script and the article accompanying it, let me know.  imho, the script
fairly rocks. :)

-danny

--
dannyman - http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/