Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:49:04 +0200
From:      Xavier de Labouret <zezaz@2-lab.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gimp shared memory (returns)

Hi,

I am writing this mail to you, because i saw that you closed the
following bug:

I am puzzled, because Gimp dumps core when i start it on my box too
(gimp-1.3, from packages, on 4.8-STABLE). And i let the System V
primitives in my kernel conf (they are enabled by default, and i kept
them - i had no reason to remove them), and loaded them in my rc.conf
(svr4_enable="YES").

So, if i completely understand that gimps dumps core if SYSV is not
enabled in the kernel, i don't understand why this happens to my
configuration, which looks OK regarding SYSV. If you need me to make
some more tests, i will be happy to track this further.

Many thanks in advance,

Xavier de Labouret

---------8<---------- core dump stderr output ---------------

LibGimp-ERROR **: could not attach to gimp shared memory segment

aborting...

(gimp-1.3:329): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp-1.3: wire_read(): error
gimp-1.3: Plug-In crashed: "script-fu"
(/usr/X11R6/libexec/gimp/1.3/plug-ins/script-fu)

--------->8----------

---------8<---------- SYSV kernel options ---------------

options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores

--------->8----------

---------8<---------- > kldstat output ---------------

Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   12 0xc0100000 441ee8   kernel
 2    1 0xc0542000 79c0     ipfw.ko
 3    1 0xc054a000 5710     snd_es137x.ko
 4    1 0xc0550000 190fc    snd_pcm.ko
 5    4 0xc23b9000 9000     netgraph.ko
 6    1 0xc23c6000 3000     ng_ether.ko
 7    1 0xc23ca000 5000     ng_pppoe.ko
 8    1 0xc23d0000 3000     ng_socket.ko
 9    1 0xc251f000 4000     logo_saver.ko
10    1 0xc2524000 15000    linux.ko
11    1 0xc2551000 3000     streams.ko
12    1 0xc2556000 11000    svr4.ko