Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 23:18:46 +0900 (JST)
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.gr.jp>
To:        keith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM JDKs, Sun JDK

> I only tried the Notepad jfc demo.  With some font tuning in
> font.properties.zh, it can accept input from XIM server, and
> display properly.  Here's my setup:
>
> -current as of 3/9, with a 3/5 linux.ko, to avoid panic :p
> java/linux-jdk13
> chinese/cle_base for BIG5 friendly
> chinese/xcin25 as the input server, use root input style

I am interested in XIM server very must. A thing heard of for the first
time, XIM server is.

However, I can not understand. Why can you input through XIM protocol
without XMODIFIERS environment variable? I think you need to set
XMODIFIERS environment variable.

Java allows to input CJK text through XIM protocol. To do so, you need teach
that to JVM. The XMODIFIERS environment variable does that work.
But you can input without it. Why?

Would you teach me why you can input without XMODIFIERS enrironment
variable.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.gr.jp